All attendees, and volunteers at the JH Bowling Tournament fringe event are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event
The JH Bowling Tournament is an inclusive event based on treating all individuals with respect and tolerence, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, mental health, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. Cooperation from all participants will help ensure a safe event for everyone, so be kind and considerate to each other.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal and non-verbal (e.g. social media) comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, mental health, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices
- Sexual language and images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related activities.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling and banning them from the event. In extreme circumstances we will contact the police or appropriate authorities.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please report it as soon as possible. You can speak directly to an organiser or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organisers will be happy to help you contact venue security or the police, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.