We’re looking for an experienced eCommerce specialist who can support our clients’ growth by devising market-leading solutions.
Note: this role might also be known as “Solutions Specialist” or “Solutions Consultant”.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the Strategy team at JH. We primarily offer a consultancy service to our clients, using our deep knowledge of eCommerce to develop plans and projects that have a greater impact against objectives. We also support the new business process by providing thought leadership and pre-sales work that demonstrates the value we bring to clients.
You’ll be a standard bearer for innovative thinking, proactively sharing important insights internally and externally, so that we play a leading role in strategic planning.
- Absorb the latest trends in eCommerce and related fields
- Gather evidence and hypotheses from research sources
- Suggest ideas for client roadmaps that support long-term goals
- Contribute to marketing campaigns that demonstrate our value
- Support pre-sales activities like pitches, proposals, and quotes
You’ll be involved throughout the client lifecycle, on big projects and rolling retainers, collaborating with other experts to devise solutions that make the difference.
- Gather requirements, goals, and constraints from clients
- Conduct discovery activities such as workshops, audits, and research
- Make recommendations that are efficient, effective, and feasible
- Document your solutions for our delivery teams to implement
- Be the everyday subject-matter expert (SME) for clients
You’ll be contributing to the continued improvement of the Strategy team by taking part in quarterly initiatives and investing in your personal development plan.
- Reflect on the impact and lessons from each project
- Improve the quality and efficiency of our processes
- Develop new skills and services that would benefit our clients
- Exchange knowledge with colleagues and technology partners
- Work on cross-functional projects for wider business success
What we’re looking for
This role requires someone who can fulfil the majority of the criteria listed below. However, we don’t expect you to match everything — it’s more important that you have a passion for lifelong learning that will enable you to continue growing at JH. The main things we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years working in a similar role
- Track record of positive outcomes for eCommerce projects
- Knowledge of eCommerce design, technology, and operations
- Experience of plotting strategic roadmaps against business objectives
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative research activities
- Experience of scoping, estimating, and planning work
- Ability to lead conversations and communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to work in collaboration with different stakeholders
- Ability to adapt your approach to suit constraints
- Desire to write or speak about your work and expertise
Other things that would set you apart:
- Experience of Adobe Commerce (aka Magento) projects
- Experience of designing and facilitating workshop sessions
- Experience of configuring and analysing analytics tools
- Experience of planning and implementing CRO experiments
- Experience of writing epics, user stories, and success criteria
JH is a digital agency based in Nottingham that specialises in creating exceptional eCommerce websites on the Adobe Commerce platform. Over the past twelve years, we’ve worked with a broad range of market-leading retailers, providing strategy, design, and development services to create online stores that are used by millions of people. Our first-class practice has cultivated enduring client relationships, won international eCommerce awards, and allowed us to grow the business year-on-year. We’re currently hiring roles to fulfil our company vision for the next 12 months.
Benefits of working at JH
We offer a range of benefits such as:
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Funds for professional development, home office setup, and personal wellness
- Quarterly personal development plans
- Top of the range hardware and software
- Remote and in-person company events
Working remotely at JH
We’re open to hiring someone based in the UK who would work remotely most of the time. Because this is a client facing role, there will be occasions when you need to attend face-to-face meetings with colleagues and clients. These would be facilitated with safety as a priority, but you must be comfortable taking part.
JH has been working remote-first since the start of the pandemic and operates several initiatives that support the continuation of positive communication, culture, and wellbeing. We transitioned easily because we’ve worked from home and employed remote staff for a number of years, so we already had the processes, technology, and mindsets that are helpful.
How to apply
You will be asked to provide:
- CV emphasising the relevant experience you have
Once you’ve applied, the hiring process looks like this:
- Review: we assess each application against this job description
- Chat: we have an informal call with suitable candidates
- Interview: we invite the top candidates for deeper interviews
- Offer: we select the best candidate and make them an offer
- Welcome: we start planning for the arrival of our new colleague