Senior Account Manager
Base – Remote/UK Based
About this role
We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager, with agency-side experience in ecommerce – Adobe Commerce or Magento experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the rest of the team including our Ecommerce Consultants, Project Managers and Tech Leads to share ideas and expertise; with the goal of creating and delivering high quality, profitable digital solutions for our clients. Your focus will be commercial and strategic planning, owning client relationships and driving new business opportunities.
We hope you’ll bring your love for building lasting relationships, exceeding expectations and strong commitment to making things happen, to this role. We’re not looking for “yes” people: the ability to understand and challenge us and our clients, constructively and diplomatically, is a must-have.
What we’re looking for
This role requires someone who can fulfil the majority of the criteria listed below. However, we don’t expect you to match everything — it’s more important that you have a passion for your work, ecommerce and continuous improvement that will enable you to continue growing with us as we grow at JH.
On the whole, we are looking for someone who can:
- Share a collective accountability for delivering high quality, appropriate and profitable digital solutions to clients’ challenges
- Have a key focus on maximising project revenue through the P&L each month
- Cultivating ideas amongst the team and making sure those ideas are in front of our clients to help drive their success.
- Share ideas with your teammates and seek external input into projects and strategy
- Follow up all projects with case studies, documenting the changes and improvements to any website
- Deliver a world class client experience by prioritising projects, providing strategic insights, nurturing existing relationships and building new ones by assisting on business pitches.
- Manage all project financials and managing/forecasting budgets
- Assist Finance Team in relation to invoicing and credit control. Critical for the Account Manager to ensure that project stage payments are scheduled and sent out in advance of the work, paid on time and are fully expected by the client
- Own the commercial success of the client account
What will set you apart
- The ability to get involved with all of the detail in projects, providing input on critical situations or strategic decisions when required.
- The ability to communicate specific project updates to clients, bringing in technical help where needed.
- Previous experience working closely with development or design teams.
- Previous involvement in detailed technical discussions or work during the sales cycle.
JH is a digital agency based in Nottingham that specialises in creating exceptional ecommerce websites on the Adobe Commerce platform (formerly Magento). Over the past twelve years, we’ve worked with a broad range of market-leading retailers, providing strategy, design, and development services to create online stores that are used by millions of people. Our first-class practice has cultivated enduring client relationships, won international ecommerce awards, and allowed us to grow the business year-on-year. We’re currently hiring roles to fulfil our company vision for the next 12 months.
Benefits of working at JH
We offer a range of benefits such as:
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Funds for professional development, home office setup, and personal wellness
- Quarterly personal development plans
- Top of the range hardware and software
- Remote and in-person company events
Working remotely at JH
We’re open to hiring someone based in the UK who would work remotely most of the time. Because this is a client facing role, there will be occasions when you need to attend face-to-face meetings with colleagues and clients. These would be facilitated with safety as a priority, but you must be comfortable taking part.
JH has been working remote-first since the start of the pandemic and operates several initiatives that support the continuation of positive communication, culture, and wellbeing. We transitioned easily because we’ve worked from home and employed remote staff for a number of years, so we already had the processes, technology, and mindsets that are helpful.
How to apply
Once you’ve applied, the hiring process looks like this:
- Review: we assess each application against this job description
- Chat: we have an informal call with suitable candidates
- Interview: we invite the top candidates for deeper interviews
- Offer: we select the best candidate and make them an offer
- Welcome: we start planning for the arrival of our new colleague
No recruiters please!