Senior Frontend Developer
Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
Remote or based in our Nottingham office
We’re the industry-leading agency in PWA eCommerce. To support this we’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join us on this journey.
You will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the adoption and architecture of these new technologies, across a range of projects, each of them challenging you with their unique technical requirements.
We hire people with a passion to strive for that next level of perfection on everything they do. Who want to be at the forefront of web technologies and using those technologies to deliver results that turn heads.
We are a remote friendly company. This position is open for both remote or to work in our Nottingham office.
Who we are
JH is a digital agency that specialises in creating bespoke Magento eCommerce websites, that transform business results for our clients. We design and build world-class, award-winning websites that achieve more.
Our company philosophy has always been to enjoy what we do, be brilliant in our execution (and not settle for the ‘good’ or ‘great’ everybody else is happy with), whilst always delivering big results for our clients. This forms the heart of everything we do and drives each member of our team every day.
We build long-standing successful relationships with clients, we work with them on strategy, and align every aspect of each project with overarching business goals. Because of this approach, we’ve grown year on year since we started out in 2009. We’re always on the lookout for more exceptional people, to come and join the team.
We’re also behind open source projects like Browsersync and PHP School, and organise Nottingham’s monthly design meetup: DXN.
Who we’re hiring
architecture of these new technologies, across a range of web projects, each challenging you with their unique technical problems.
- Drive the technology direction with our Development Leadership Team
- Devise, explain, and review technical solutions with the team
- Test work across multiple devices
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS (You won’t be doing PSD to HTML/CSS)
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver exceptional projects
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Support our internal and community projects
The main requirements of this role are:
- Extensive understanding of front-end principles like web standards, progressive enhancement and performance optimisation
- Experience with build tools, task-runners, package managers, and version control
- Experience with CSS pre/post processors
- Ability to adapt tools, libraries, and techniques for each problem
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for design and usability principles
- Good written and face-to-face communication of ideas
- High desire to learn and share new practices
Things that would set you apart:
- Experience with React, AngularJS, VueJS, Next.js or similar framework
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with using Docker for local development environments
- Contribution to open source and community projects
Why should you apply?
- Working in a talented, passionate and supportive team will accelerate your personal and professional development
- Work on progressive, industry leading projects with the freedom to push the boundaries
- Transparent progression framework
- Flexible working and paid (optional) overtime
- The option to work from home
- High specification MacBook Pro (or similar if you prefer
- Personal development budget
The little stuff that matters
- Transparent development team roadmap and open involvement in our progression
- Regular educational and social events
- Office stocked with healthy snacks
- Drinks fridge filled with soft (and non soft) drinks
- Office library
- Table tennis & table football
Still not sure?
- Check out some of the open source projects that have come from our team over the past few years: BrowserSync, PHPSchool, Workflow
- We host local events PHPMinds and NottsJS
- We run Design Exchange Nottingham
- We support events such as Women in Tech Nottingham, PHPMinds, NottsJS, Project Function
- We organise Meet Magento UK
Take a look at our Instagram to get an insight into what we’ve been up to!
How to apply
Sound like the job for you? Click here to apply.
No recruiters please!
Once you’ve applied, the hiring process looks like this:
- Review: we assess each application against this job description
- Chat: we have an informal call with suitable candidates
- Interview: we invite the top candidates for an in-depth interview
- Offer: we select the best candidate and make them an offer
- Welcome: we start planning for the arrival of our new colleague