JH is looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of web projects, each challenging you with their unique technical problems
Are you the type of PHP developer who gets excited when you hear about CI Pipelines and Automated Testing? Having the opportunity to push the boundaries in the industry and being recognised for the impact your work creates?
We’re paving the way forward as an industry-leading agency in PWA eCommerce. To support this we’re looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join us on this journey.
You will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the adoption and architecture of these new technologies, across a range of projects, each of them challenging you with their unique technical requirements.
We hire people with a passion to strive for that next level of perfection on everything they do. Who want to be at the forefront of web technologies and using those technologies to deliver results that turn heads.
We are a remote friendly company. This position is open for both remote or to work in our Nottingham office.
Who we’re hiring
This role isn’t just about code: you’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with our talented team of developers and designers. We’ll provide support, feedback, and guidance so you always have the skills and confidence to produce brilliant work and grow into an important member of the Development Team. This role would suit someone with extensive development experience primarily with the PHP language.
The main responsibilities for this role:
- Drive the technology direction with the Lead PHP Developer
- Write PHP to a high standard, agnostic of platforms and frameworks
- Devise, explain, and review technical solutions with the team
- Test work both through automation and manual testing practices
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver exceptional projects
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Support our internal and community projects
The main requirements of this role:
- Extensive experience with PHP and modern frameworks
- Extensive understanding of development principles such as Software Development Patterns, Coding Standards,
- Experience with package managers and version control
- Ability to adapt tools, libraries, and techniques for each problem
- An eye for detail and a passion for our craft
- Good written and face-to-face communication of ideas
- High desire to learn and share new practices
And you’d get some extra points for:
- Experience with Magento 1 and Magento 2
- Server administration or Dev Ops knowledge
- Experience with Varnish, RabbitMQ
- A passion for security
- Contribution to open source and community projects
Why you should apply?
- Working in a talented, passionate and supportive team will accelerate your personal and professional development
- Work on progressive, industry leading projects with the freedom to push the boundaries
- Transparent progression framework
- Flexible working and paid (optional) overtime
- The option to work from home
- High specification MacBook Pro (or similar if you prefer)
- Personal development budget
The little stuff that matters
- Transparent development team roadmap and open involvement in our progression
- Regular educational and social events
- Office stocked with healthy snacks
- Drinks fridge filled with soft (and non soft) drinks
- Office library
- Table tennis
Still not sure?
- Check out some of the open source projects that have come from our team over the past few years: BrowserSync, PHPSchool, Workflow
- We host local events PHPMinds and NottsJS
- We run Design Exchange Nottingham
- We sponsor Women in Tech Nottingham, PHPMinds, NottsJS, Project Function
- We organise Meet Magento UK
- Take a look at our Instagram to get an insight into what we’ve been up to
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- An explanation of what attracts you to the position
- A CV emphasising your relevant experience
- Examples of your work, ideally on GitHub
Strictly no recruiters.