Taking a look at an alternative to the standard hamburger mobile navigation, the onboarding of users to a service or product and some clever adverts for Stabilo Boss from DDB.
There are many reasons why you should try to avoid the hamburger menu. The critical reason; you’re hiding content from your users. A link bar is one alternative. Devesh Khanal looks into the pros and cons of a link bar, A/B testing the methods and sharing those results with us.
How many ways can there be to rent a bike on your phone? Understanding how product design impacted the outcomes of each service is critical for anyone trying to grow a new mobile business. Forgetting the visual and style differences, Luke Wroblewski looks into all the established and start-up bike rent schemes and walks us through the nightmare and delightful experiences.
Everyone knows the phrase “Behind every great man is a great woman.” But what does it mean? That the man is always the hero and the woman his sidekick? These Stabilo Boss adverts from DDB highlight how women have often been forgotten throughout history. The simplicity of these adverts is absolutely brilliant.
- Check out the design evolution of the earliest apps
- Jen Simmons show us what’s possible with CSS and Experimental Layouts
- Just wow! Amazing what browsers can do – Heraclos Web Game
- An awesome under the hood look at the magic behind Google Photos layout.
- This group of friends found a clever way to show the rainbow flag at the World Cup in Russia
- Pinterest on mobile hasn’t had the best time but they’re showing great improvement now their PWA has launched.
- Always looking for a full icon set? Lok no further than Streamline 3.0