Magento have announced their latest edition with even greater power and flexibility, with the release of Magento Commerce 2.2.2. It includes new tools and numerous functional fixes and enhancements.
We wrote all about understanding the features of Magento 2.2 on our blog, back when it was released in September. We don’t normally write about minor version number releases, but we’re delighted with the refinement and progress this latest version offers.
Key Highlights Include:
- The streamlining of the customer experience through new features
- Merchants can get more easily, greater insight into how their business is doing in real time
- Numerous fixes and enhancements to core features, including vast improvements to payment processes
- Over one hundred community-submitted bug fixes and multiple pull requests
New Features Include:
- Advanced Reporting powered by Magento Business Intelligence. To drive business forward with accurate strategy, business owners need to be able to easily get real-time snapshots of data. Now they can access easy-to-use order, product, and customer reports right from the Magento Admin to gain new insights and enable data-driven decision making.
- Magento Shipping (powered by Temando). This new feature provides integrated advanced multi-carrier shipping and fulfillment. We wrote the benefits earlier this year.
- Streamlined Instant Purchase checkout. The new and streamlined Instant Purchase option uses previously stored payment credentials and shipping information to bypass steps in the checkout process. And a faster checkout has been shown many times to improve conversion rate.
- Integrated Dotmailer marketing automation software. Magento is one of the first eCommerce solutions to include the exceptional Dotmailer marketing automation with their core product out of the box.
- Magento Functional Testing Framework. The Magento Functional Testing Framework (MTFT) is an open-source, cross-platform testing solution. Its purpose is to facilitate functional testing and minimise efforts to perform regression testing. Our development team love this one!