Senior Backend Developer
- Fully remote / Work from home
- Full time (with fully flexible working)
- Competitive salary
Are you the type of developer who gets excited when you hear about Continuous Integration Pipelines and Automated Testing? Having the opportunity to push the boundaries in the industry and being recognised for the impact your work creates?
We’re paving the way forward as an industry-leading agency in Composable eCommerce on Magento and Adobe Commerce. To support this we’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join us on this journey.
You will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the adoption and architecture of these new technologies, across a range of projects, each of them challenging you with their unique technical requirements.
We hire people with a passion to strive for that next level of perfection in everything they do; who want to be at the forefront of web technologies and use those technologies to deliver results that turn heads.
We are a remote-first company. This position will be fully remote / work from home.
Who we are
JH is a digital agency that specialises in creating bespoke Magento eCommerce websites that transform business results for our clients. We design and build world-class, award-winning websites that achieve more.
Our company philosophy has always been to enjoy what we do, be brilliant in our execution (and not settle for the ‘good’ or ‘great’ everybody else is happy with), whilst always delivering big results for our clients. This forms the heart of everything we do and drives each member of our team every day.
We build long-standing successful relationships with clients, we work with them on strategy, and align every aspect of each project with overarching business goals. Because of this approach, we’ve grown year on year since we started out in 2009. We’re always on the lookout for more exceptional people to come and join the team.
Who we’re hiring
This role isn’t just about code: you’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with our talented team of developers and designers. We’ll provide support, feedback, and guidance so you always have the skills and confidence to produce brilliant work and grow into an important member of the Development Team.
This role would suit someone with extensive development experience primarily with the Magento 2 and Adobe Commerce platforms.
The main responsibilities for this role:
- Drive the technology direction with the Lead Developers
- Develop on the Magento platform
- Write PHP to a high standard, agnostic of platforms and frameworks
- Devise, explain, and review technical solutions with the team
- Test work both through automation and manual testing practices
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver exceptional projects
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Support our internal and community projects
The main requirements of this role:
- Extensive experience with Magento 2, PHP and modern frameworks
- Extensive understanding of development principles such as Software Development Patterns, Coding Standards
- Knowledge of automated testing techniques, understanding the purposes different types of tests serve and how to utilise them
- Experience with package managers and version control
- Ability to adapt tools, libraries, and techniques for each problem
- An eye for detail and a passion for our craft
- Good written and face-to-face communication of ideas
- High desire to learn and share new practises
And you’d get some extra points for:
- Server administration or DevOps knowledge
- Experience with Magento’s GraphQL implementation
- Experience with Varnish, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch
- A passion for security
- Contribution to open source and community projects
We offer a range of benefits such as:
- Flexitime, work anywhere, any time!
- Up to 31 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), this can vary depending on where in the world you live.
- Budget and plans for professional development
- Budget for personal wellness
- We provide top of the range ‘Macs’.
- Home office fund to help you create an awesome home work environment.